Monday, June 6, 2011

i'm coming home

It's true. My 90 days as a tourist in Europe have come to an end. I feel like it flew by, but some days felt like they'd never end. I transitioned from a job where I worked a lot and commuted, too, to not working at all. I transitioned from talking to my friends during my commute to having a 6 (and 7) hour time difference so we've had to make "chat appointments." I transitioned from seeing my family all the time to obviously not seeing them at all (although it was a nice break from life here to visit my aunt and uncle in Italy).

Can I say that I am relieved to go home? Yes. I miss so many things about home. My heart aches for the comforts of home. I also can't wait to eat at my favorite restaurants (first stop: Office Lounge!!) and to see my best friends.


But does it mean I'm willing to give up on my life here? I don't think so. Everything here is new to me. Every route I run is new. Every person I meet is new. My future job is going to be something totally different than what I was doing in NY and NJ. There's something exciting (and scary) about all this newness. And, I know that no matter where I am, my friends are family will always be a part of me.

The bottom line is: I know that no matter where I am, I can find happiness in my life. And, that's exactly what I am after.

No comments: