Thursday, June 30, 2011

checking in... again.

I know, I know... I have been a terrible blogger lately, but let me assure you that I have good reason. While I haven't been blogging, I have been living!

I started this blog as a way to keep in touch with my family and friends back in the states while I was abroad. Now that I have been back in the states, I have really been checking things off my to-do list! And, for once, besides a few mundane tasks like going to the DMV and getting my Visa taken care of, the things on my to-do list have been FUN! They range from shopping to seeing friends to spending a whole day on the beach. And, even the not so fun tasks like going to the DMV became not so lame when we combined it with a day in the city.

The first day I went for my Visa, I drove into the city with my Mom. She waited while I went in the consulate and after we had lunch in Chelsea and just hung out together! The second time I went back for the Visa, I took the bus into the city, enjoyed a day of sight seeing, and met a very dear friend for a dinner date at Cafeteria followed by some iced lattes and a lot of conversation. I felt so refreshed after seeing her. She is such a kind, loving, beautiful person both inside and out. I missed her!

Life has been so enjoyable. Almost a month has gone by now of me prancing around New Jersey and NYC. There haven't been too many dull moments - family visiting, friends visiting, meeting up with friends, shopping, a lot of exercising, and trying to make it to all my favorite restaurants.

Being home is surely a vacation. I love the walks with my Mom, the dinner dates with my parents, seeing my best friends, days at the beach, reading good books, driving my car with the windows down, and soaking in the sweet summer sun. There is something relaxing about being here (that something is that my Dad doesn't work in the summer, my Mom is retired, and I am currently retired, too!). It's nice to not have to rush anywhere. It's nice to have no where to go and to fly by the seat of your pants.

Of course, the longer I am here, the more my heart aches for the guy waiting for me back in France. And, although I have truly loved every minute here, I am anxious to see him. One more week here in NJ and I'll be back. The only thing I can do to pass the time is ENJOY EACH MOMENT!! That's exactly what I intend to do. On that note, I'm off to read a book and sit in the sun.

Seaside Park, NJ
dinner on the Toms River
the steps of Madison Square Garden
dinner on the Point Pleasant beach
the show we saw on Broadway

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kay,
Happy to read that you are enjoying your "holidays at home" :) Let me know when you are back in France and have the time to come and visit me in Berlin! :)
take care

Willem