Monday, June 20, 2011

family and friends.

Sometimes life can get you down. Whether the down be a terrible boss, a heartless thief, or anyone in between, you're bound to encounter these people from time to time. There will be people in your life that just don't belong - people that will cause you heartache and pain. When those people come into your life, the best thing you can do is cling to the people that deserve to be there. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out who these people are, but that's what life is all about. It's full of unanswered questions, nerve-wrecking decisions, and spontaneous moments. And, sometimes friendships are like that, too.

In the past year or so, I've lost friends that I thought I'd have in my life forever, and I've gained back ones I'd thought I'd lost forever. And, of course, I've met new people along the way. It just goes to show you that you never know how things will turn out. Life is a game of chance. Sometimes that's exciting and fun, other times it's heart-breaking.

I think too often in my life I've tied myself down to people; and in retrospect, I gave so much more than I ever got back. Isn't it more important to have a few amazing people in your life rather than a bunch of people that don't really care about you? I want to surround myself with people that genuinely care about me.

It's insecure people that surround themselves with people that don't really care about them because these people don't think they deserve better. I don't want to be someone like that. I have too big of a heart for that.

I'm thinking so much about this because I had such a remarkable week. I spent time with people that I know care more about me than they dare to admit. These people that have seen me at my best and at my worst - but have never judged me. It is so wonderful to be around people that are wonderful, because sometimes I need to be reminded that I, too, am wonderful.

Family and friends. Friends and family. When all else is the world fails me, I know I won't be alone; and that is a good feeling. It gives me the courage to be who I want to be, to dream as big as I want, to take risks, and to live life to the fullest.

2 comments:

Kaylia Payne said...

Wow, I can really relate to this. It took me so long to realise that having a few wonderful friends who love you is so much better than having millions of friends who hardly care.

Michelle Schraudner said...

I agree, I love being around people who love me all the time, just for being me. It's such a wonderful feeling!