Monday, January 30, 2012

for ever ever


These are the words these couples said to each other, and they meant it. Check out this article by Huffington Post. It is precious and the kind of story that gives me hope. With divorce rates so high (around 50% in the USA), it is discouraging to think that maybe marriages aren't meant to last forever. Maybe marriage is a fleeting moment of happiness until the next best thing comes along. When did it get like this? Nowadays, it is so easy for people to give up and divorce. When I hear about people divorcing I think, did you try?, what about the children?. What happened to for better or for worse? Until death do us part? I guess people write their own vows now saying things like "Until I find someone smarter, more romantic, better looking, richer, funnier, more compatible..." Who knows. 

P.S. Did you hear that there will now be Huff Post France and Anne Sinclair will be the editorial director?  Looking forward to this!

No comments: