Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I am full. My heart is happy.

Whole wheat everything bagels are my favorite way to start my morning and that's exactly how I've been doing it since being back in NJ. Nothing beats that!

What else have I been doing? Well, mostly, spending time with my Momma! We've been doing everything together, and I absolutely love these moments. We shop until we drop, eat at our favorite restaurants, go for walks, play games, and watch trashy television. My dad is in Brazil and Columbia for the next week or so and we're taking advantage of the ladies time.

This week I have a lot to look forward to and I'm really happy for that. I want to make sure to take advantage of my time here. Tomorrow I'm going to have dinner with a dear friend. My sister's birthday is this Wednesday so we'll take her for a nice dinner date and have family over. My mom's brother is coming to visit from Seattle. My friends are coming to visit from Pennsylvania. We have a family party on Sunday at our state's capital. Monday I'll be in NYC.

I have phone calls to make and doctors to see, but mostly, I just want to enjoy the beauty that is my home. I want to take full advantage of the fact that we live by the beach. I want to wake up early and run on the boardwalk. I want to swim in the pool and the ocean. I want to ride bikes. I want to soak up the sunshine, read good books, and of course, do more shopping!

So forgive me if I continue to be MIA for a while longer, but I want to enjoy these moments I have here with my family - in the house I grew up in - and that means doing my best to keep off my computer (except to g-chat with my favorite European guy back across the pond).

1 comment:

Kaylia Payne said...

It all sounds so wonderful, coming home is just the best feeling :) And US bagels are just amazing