Friday, October 14, 2011

YAY!


I thought this week would creep its way on by as I am very anxious for tomorrow, but it surprisingly flew by (like each week before it!). I had many classes, a lot of preparing, and a lot of drama with our car (thanks to the mechanics doing something terribly wrong to it and then not being able to figure out what they did wrong)!!!!  However, all in all, the week was a positive one, partially because I have been so excited for what tomorrow will bring..... MY MOM!

My Mom has had quite the travel bug lately. She spent last weekend at a very good friend's wedding (which I regretably could not attend) in Boston. She arrived back in NJ on Sunday evening. She flew out Tuesday morning to North Carolina for a little trip with her gal pals and arrived back in Jersey late last night. Tonight, she leaves for France! She'll be staying at the beautiful Best Western Hotel Belfort in the best room! Retired life is treating her well.

AND, not only will my Mom be coming, but today marks the last day (or at least this is what I have been promised) in the marathon work schedule my guy has had. Over 40 days (with the exception of the one amazing Sunday) he has worked non-stop - day and night - and usually until the wee hours of the morning. Let's put it this way - if I saw him before 10pm, it was a miracle! And, I don't really think I ever did. In fact, over the course of the last week, he was working until 2, 3, 4 and sometimes 5am!!! UGH! Glad that is over.

Not only will I be able to see my guy more, but I will have my Mom here, too... so it's perfect! I know my French man will be a perfect tour guide, and I am really looking forward to spending time with two people I really love.

I am looking forward to eating delicious food, seeing new sights, shopping, talking, and showing my Mom the town where I have lived for the past 7 months (with the exception of the one month vaca I took back home!).

I know the 10 days my Mom will spend in France will be marvelous. She will arrive tomorrow evening at Basel-Mulhouse Airport - on the border of Switzerland and France - just 45 minutes from my home!

So that's my big, exciting news! What are you all doing this weekend?

1 comment:

aunt bon said...

see kaylan i finally on my computer.I read your last blog and I even spoke to both of you yesterday. I was very happy and surprised.Two people that I love very much. I am so glad my sister got to go and see our girl and her guy.We miss you very much. The pictures were very beautiful. Looking forward to hearing from you and I promise I will check e-mail every day. aunt bon