Saturday, September 17, 2011

staycation

Last night I took a little staycation. I went to the Best Western Hotel Belfort and took a little ME time. I lit some candles. I took a long, hot bath. I spread out across the big, comfy bed. I relished in having a tv with a lot of channels. I ordered Japanese food from the restaurant next to the hotel. I just relaxed. I needed to relax. (If you click on the link for the hotel, you can see the link for a map to the right. I live on rue Stractman which is just next to the hotel!!).

My guy met me in the morning and enjoyed the wonderful breakfast spread at the hotel with me. There are beignets, crepes, different kinds of bread, 5 or 6 different kinds of jelly in those cute, little glass jars, nutella and honey, a cheese plate, fresh fruit and traditional French items such as baby pickles, radishes, olives, and cocktail onions. There are plates full of meat and another with a variety of pastries. There are, of course, hard-boiled eggs (yuck!). There is American coffee, an espresso machine, different hot teas, and 4 different kinds of fruit juice. This is how I want to eat breakfast every morning!!! Mmmmm... Needless to say, I was relaxed and stuffed before I headed to work for a few hours this morning.

We are working on something new at work which I find particularly fun. Until now, our clients have always been adults. We invited our clients and others in the area to bring their children to the office today. A colleague and I prepared a lesson for the children - we played Old MacDonald, Mary Had a Little Lamb, and the Alphabet song. The kids were ages 4-8 so they were super cute! Half of them were too shy to speak and the other half were so eager to be the one to speak. Today was just an introduction. The parents watched their children through the glass and had the option to sign them up for a bundle of sessions afterward. Many people were interested, and I really hope I get to teach the class!

Off topic, but check out this link: i love laughing babies. This is super cute. I especially love how the little girl braces herself and gets a stance going when it's her turn.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

No comments: