Monday, August 22, 2011

first day of work.

I am now halfway through my first day of work. In France, there are designated lunch hours which is amazing!! I never had a designated lunch break - or a lunch break at all. Most of my lunches consisted of something I could eat while I was driving between locations, walking around a location, or sitting at my desk. I am using this much-needed break to take a siesta!

What a doozy this day has been so far. I hate to complain because it is my first day working in.. uum.. almost 6 months, and I am so (over the moon) happy to finally be working... and it's only orientation... BUT I had no idea my orientation would be totally in FRENCH!!!

Well, I am off to give my brain a rest before I am back at it.

P.S. I promise I have some recipes coming that you will definitely enjoy. Some vegan (like the cupcakes on my last post)... some not-so-vegan (like the creamy pesto stuffed chicken I made last night)... but all delicious.

Have a marvelous Monday (Is that corny? It reminds me of my senior year of high school when I did the morning announcements. Each morning we said things like that!)

1 comment:

Kaylia Payne said...

That's great about the designated lunch breaks! But no wonder you're tired if the whole orientation was in French. I hope the rest of your day was wonderful!