Monday, August 22, 2011

cupcakes.

Tomorrow is the official start date of my job. I'm basically just shadowing someone all day. However, I have to be there at (gasp!) 8am. I usually would not complain about 8am, but an 8am morning during Ramadan is difficult. We get up to eat a little after 4. We eat and drink as much as we can fit into our bellies until 5. Then, we sit up in bed - him playing ping pong on his iPhone, me playing Sudoku on mine - for as long as it takes for us to be comfortable enough to lay down. Seriously, the thing I should be grateful for during Ramadan is eating, but one of the hardest parts is trying to get comfortable and sleep with an over-stuffed belly. Anyway, my point is - I'm sitting here at 12:15am debating whether or not when I wake up to eat in 4 hours I should stay up or try to fall back asleep for an hour. I'm not sure which will be easier... and I kind of still want to eat a cupcake so bed isn't happening anytime soon.

We had a wonderful weekend full of movie-watching, family and delicious food. Tomorrow I'll share some recipes but now, I'm off to grab that cupcake!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

YUM!!! hehe.

I love the background image of your blog! Pretty in pink :)
Xo