Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Eid Mubarak

Yesterday was the last day of Ramadan, and today we are celebrating the breaking of the fast by getting dressed up and... what else... EATING! Traditionally, this is a day meant to be spent with family, but because it's a Tuesday and we work, this wasn't really possible. We were going to have breakfast together but the guy's were at the mosque for so long that it was time for lunch and work when they finished. So my guy and I shared a baguette with butter and jam before he headed off to work. So here I am, sitting in my apartment, all dressed up with nowhere to go! Okay, that's kind of a lie... I swapped out my pretty blouse for a cozy sweater.

With the extra energy from uninterrupted sleep and food, I successfully swept, mopped, and dusted this apartment. I've caught up on all my favorite blogs and on today's news. And, now here I am writing to you.

I will be alone again tonight as my guy will be in Paris for some meetings. I think I'll snuggle up with some mint tea, a good book (currently reading the sequel to Eat, Pray, Love - Committed), and maybe even some take-out!

Have a nice day everyone!

No comments: