Thursday, August 18, 2011

this and that.

Have you guys seen Crazy, Stupid, Love. yet? It is so good. I never really like watching trailers (although I usually do), because I feel like they give a lot of the movie away. In this case, yeah the trailer gives away the gist of the movie but it takes a turn that I never would have expected. It was one of those movies that had me sitting here laughing and crying. Uum... not to mention the fact that Ryan Gosling... WOW! His last few movies have been Indie and have him looking very grudge. Well, not the case anymore. If you loved him after seeing The Notebook, you're going to love him even more now!

My movie-going is limited these days. The French are very proud of their language so where as in other countries, they have subtitles, the French use a lot of voice-overs. I find this to be very comedic when you're watching a movie about, say New York, and the street signs are all indicative of such and then the characters are all speaking French. I have been able to find a few movies with subtitles in English or where they have the subtitles in French and the movie is in English. However, as I said, I'm limited. This means a lot of illegal movie watching because my guy and I both love watching movies.

Although it's not legal, it is nice to watch a movie on the couch. Last night I had planned for us to watch Crazy, Stupid, Love. while eating dinner so I prepared a lot of finger foods: zucchini quesadillas and bite size tuna and white bean melts. After we finished the quesadillas, we didn't have any room for the tuna melts. Boo!

Tonight I'm alone as my guy headed to Germany to get our car. Yay!!! I'm so happy that we're finally going to have a car and anxious to perfect the art of driving a stick. I'm going to polish off last night's tuna melts. I also made some homemade hummus (so cheap and easy I wonder how I could have spent so much money on hummus in the past). This time I added to the canned chickpeas some paprika, cracked red paper flakes, cumin, lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil, and a tiny bit of peanut butter for consistency (because I didn't have any tahini paste). I'm also eating a perfect for summer salad with lettuce, endive, avocado, blueberries, strawberries, tomato, and walnuts in a mint and lime dressing.

Well, after another day of fasting, I'm off to eat. If I can find it, I'm going to watch The Help as my Mom gave it two thumbs up!

Hope everyone is having a good week! It's almost the weekend! Isn't summer flying by?

1 comment:

meg fee said...

i really loved seeing crazy, stupid, love and was definitely thrown by the twist (in the best possible way). it gave me some laughs and a few really good tears.

i can't imagine how hard it is to deal with visas and the like when it's a question of love...hope it all works out. xo .