Wednesday, July 13, 2011

the summer of my dreams.

Summer so far has been wonderful. It has been everything you could ever want in a summer... full of laughter, relaxing days, days at the beach, rainy days watching movies, sunrise and sunset walks, filled with family and friends, BBQS, shopping, and sun-kissed skin. All of these things make me so happy (and everyone feels better with an extra boost of vitamin D)!

Here I am now... back in France after a month-long vacation home at the Jersey Shore. I spent the majority of my time home with my mom which was just... words can't describe... so great! I had the opportunity to see family from my mother's side I hadn't seen in years and my uncle I hadn't seen since 2001. I went out to eat twice with my dad's side as well as 2 birthday parties and an early 4th of July BBQ. I spent many hours with my favorite Aunt Bonnie playing day-long games of Dominoes and Yahtzee, watching movies, and just joking around.

I frequented my new favorite Toms River restaurant, Water Street. The coconut shrimp with jalapeno jelly for dipping were so good that I literally would wake up after having dreamt about them. It became a bit of a joke within the family, mocking my obsession for these shrimp... but after trying them, no one could deny just how good they really were.

I had the pleasure of seeing a few great friends, two whom traveled a few hours making it a point to see me. One of them, my great friend, Liberty, even took me out driving stick to prepare me for driving in France which was almost pee your pants funny! I was so nervous that I was sweating! I met an old college roommate for dinner in NYC and felt so refreshed after seeing her. I missed laughing with her and talking about boys. I missed seeing her! I drove up north twice to see an old friend from high school. When we see each other, it's like we never missed a beat. I like that.

I am so thankful for all the wonderful memories I made while I was home. I want to make everyone who made it a point to see me, and I especially want to thank my parents for their hospitality, unconditional love, and their last minute patience during my packing saga (overweight luggage...ugh). I miss everyone already.

However, this is going to be the summer of my dreams; I just know it. I want to think of my time at home as a wonderful blessing, but I have so much more to come still this summer (like a romantic beach vacation with my guy in the south of France next week!!).

The past year has been somewhat of a nightmare for me, truly the worst year of my short life thus far. I thought this nightmare would end and then when I'd feel it would surely end, I'd get an encore performance and then a grand finale and now, finally, I feel like things are calming down. I want so much to find peace in this life, and I feel like I am finally on the right path.

             ...So maybe this summer of my dreams is a fresh start, a chance to forgive and forget, to accomplish new goals, to get myself in the best shape of my life, to feel good inside and out, a chance to be happy.

No comments: