Saturday, July 2, 2011

book review: the hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet.

The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

This is really a book for everyone. I couldn't put it down, and then I kept putting it down because I didn't want it to end. It is a book that captivates your heart. And, if this is any indication to how much buzz there is about the book: 3 people stopped me within 2 days to ask me how I liked the book when they saw me reading it!

The book is set in Seattle during World War II. It is a beautiful insight to the once lively jazz scene in Seattle and to the terrible treatment of the Japanese-AMERICANS living in this country.

That's really all I want to say because I don't want to give anything away. It really is the kind of book that encompasses so many different topics and struggles. So give it a read and let me know what you think!

My next read: Bumped by Megan McCafferty. Stay tuned for the book review! I am sure this one will be just as wonderful as all the books in her Jessica Darling series.

No comments: