Wednesday, July 20, 2011

sorry... but this is another post about bagels!

so i brought 45 whole wheat everything bagels with me to france. at first, i was a little bummed that all of my clothes were stinking of everything bagel stench and debated whether i should wash everything before wearing. i then realized that i love the smell of everything bagels almost as much as i love everything bagels (the whole wheat ones, of course!).

back in the states, tofu cream cheese is readily available in the grocery stores. in NYC, for as many varieties of regular cream cheese there are, most bagel shops have the same flavors in the vegan varietal. this was wonderful, although it caused me to eat waaaay toooo many bagels.

here in france, i can' even find soy ice cream in the stores (gasp!) so it's a safe bet to say tofu cream cheese is a no go. since i am on a diet and trying hard (my me journey) to get fit and stronger, i decided that this wasn't a total loss. i really should lay off the butter and cream cheese (even if they are dairy free). also, i know that bagels are not a diet food but i love bagels so much. i believe that all diets need to include foods you love. depriving yourself of the foods you love will only result in your gorging yourself with other foods!

anyway, recently, i started slicing an avocado on my bagel. i add a dash of salt and a whole lot of pepper. it is SOOO good. it helps that the veggie market is right on the corner (literally a half a block away). my morning routine now consists of walking the half block and purchasing (for 80 euro cents) a fresh avocado. i love having a routine! (FYI: this morning i added a bit of extra virgin olive oil and not only does it accumulate to a weight watchers point (grrr), it actually didn't add any flavor and made it difficult for me to take a bite of bagel and then go type something on my computer as my fingers were really oily! so if you were thinking of adding some oil, let me assure you that it's totally not necessary).

No comments: