Wednesday, April 27, 2011

N'oublie Jamais

So when I first arrived in France, we decided a good way for me to practice my French would be to watch movies in French. We've only watched one of the five we bought that night - N'oublie Jamais (The Notebook). I read the book way before it became a hit blockbuster, and I will admit that I actually still loved the movie which, for me, is NEVER the case. It is such a beautiful love story, and I don't think anyone, male or female, could deny that.  I could probably watch that movie 100 times and never get tired of it.

I think maybe I'm just feeling romantic right now after a wonderful weekend in Paris. We had such an amazing time, and I have plenty of pictures to share. We met up with a wonderful couple, friends of his from school. We ate good food. We saw so much of the city. And, I fell in love with Paris and my man all over again.

...And, it got me to thinking of The Notebook and how true romance is possible and how it isn't always easy. Our journey hasn't been easy, but as my favorite quote from the movie goes...

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day." 

So look at me... I'm living in France. What am I sacrificing really? Sure, I miss my family and friends. I know that I will always go see them though. I will visit them often. It won't change my love for them or their love for me. France... could be worse. This is a wonderful place for people to come visit! If my love is here, that's where I want to be. And, that leads me to my second favorite quote from The Notebook...

"That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is." And, it's true.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kay,
realy happy to read that you are all fine! :) And yes it is sooo true it is not an easy choice or situation with the love on the otherside of the world... Somehow I think I can tell.... :)
anyways, we should try to skype soon again... but this week I got the night shift... so there is very littel time... perhaps the coming week!?
take care and let me know when you are coming to Berlin!?

Willem