Thursday, April 28, 2011

J'adore Paris.

Dear Paris,

Thank you so much for welcoming me once again this weekend. My love and I had a splendid time. Both you and the weather were amazing!

We couldn't decide whether to come see you on Saturday or Sunday... Finally I made the decision for us and said, we're going! We packed our bags, raided the hotel for some snacks, and we were on the train (this spontaneity seems to be a pattern!).

We were trying to find a hotel while on the train but with the service being patchy, we had no luck. We didn't think it would be a big issue. As it turned out, it was not an easy task. First of all, we didn't realize you were hosting the French football championship that very night. Second, with it being a holiday weekend, we weren't the only ones who took advantage of the chance to come see your beauty. I was starting to get irritated and my love was starting to panic until we were finally (sigh of relief) successful. It ended up being more than we wanted to spend but was such a nice room - a studio complete with a large bathroom and a little kitchenette. The view from the room was so cute - beautiful trees and cafes, wide streets, and little girls prancing around in their Easter dresses.

We went out that night with old friends of his from school. They, too, were a couple. I haven't interacted with anyone my age since I've been in France so not only was it nice to meet his friends (that I've heard so much about prior to this meeting) but the change of pace was really nice. We went out to dinner and then after went out on the town.

Sunday we did so much bike riding that my butt literally was hurting the next day. We rode and rode and rode until my love had a flat tire. He took videos while I took pictures. He was coordinated enough to be able to take the videos while riding the bike. I had to stop every time I wanted to take a picture. We saw SO much of your beautiful city... seriously, my butt can attest for the fact that we were everywhere.

I was so exhausted after that long day of sightseeing, but I somehow managed to call my family then get dressed to go back to meet his friends (a nutella and banana crepe momentarily helped put a little extra spring in my step but the sugar high quickly wore off!). They had to meet to go over some work stuff. I kind of just sat there - understanding French is hard for me, understanding French when I am tired is impossible! I try not to get frustrated, but I want to learn faster!

Monday morning we woke up early and were off to see the Eiffel Tower again. I really can't get enough of it! We had a delicious meal in plain view of the tower, while I stared, amazed at the beautiful apartments surrounding me. Each is unique in its own way but there was a definite trend - little red awnings with white trim, flowers engulfing their balconies, wrought iron tables, trellises, and wide open windows. That is the dream.

We met up with his friends for a while after lunch and a bunch of touristic picture taking, and then we were back on the train headed east, headed home.

Paris, I so enjoyed seeing you again. You truly are a divine city. 

                             à très bientôt <3 Kaylan

No comments: