Wednesday, March 7, 2012

living in the moment.

I haven't blogged in a while. My weeks have been super busy as I'm trying to get a lot of hours in before I have to leave my job. I have also been working out a lot. It is sometimes hard to find the time, but I always feel so good afterwards. I've been keeping healthy through diet and exercise and it has become something so important to me (not that it ever wasn't!).

I've been using the an iPhone app called MyFitnessPal and you can also keep track through their website. It's a good way to be aware of what you eat by keeping track of how many calories, protein, iron, calcium, carbs, fat, etc. are in the food you eat. You can keep track of how many glasses of water you drink, too. Then, you add your cardio workout to let you know how many calories you burned so you can stay consistently at 1200 calories a day of intake - if you burn calories, you eat more to be at that 1200 calorie goal. The more you burn, the more you can eat!

I have still been suffering off and on with these stomach aches and tomorrow I will go for an echo to figure out what the problem is. I also had blood-work done but haven't had the chance to go and pick up the results. All in all, it has been very busy.

Last weekend I did find the time to wind down and relax. My guy and I had breakfast out Saturday morning, and then I went for a nice run (Well, I was only outside for my run to the gym) but while on the treadmill, the window was open which was so refreshing. I was seriously smiling the whole time I was running. After, I went to lunch with a friend. I had a wonderful three course meal - green salad, salmon filet, and a café gourmand. It was such a beautiful day.
café gourmand - espresso with a few miniature desserts
Last week was one of those glorious weeks that teases you with a hint of Spring. It was poncho/no coat wearing weather. I didn't have to wait for my car to heat up in the morning (love that!) and even cracked the window a few times.

During the weekend we did some pre-birthday celebrating for my guy because we knew Monday night we'd both we working. I gave him a beautiful Montblanc pen which he loved. I wrapped the pen in a shoe box and then in a cologne box so he had to open three boxes to get to the surprise! The pen arrived a few weeks ago and I had been counting the days until his birthday because I could not wait to reveal my surprise!

Besides that, there's nothing new. However, I do want to post my Thai Curry recipe because I think I've finally mastered it!! :)

What I'm listening to right now:

No comments: