Thursday, January 12, 2012

bridal shower inspiration.

I had done a lot of work planning a bridal shower. I had researched online, scoured the Internet for inspiration, and then bundled all this information together via a folder on my desktop.

It was something I was having so much fun with and was very excited to bring together. Unfortunately, I won't get to live out this little dream of mine. I became a little piece of the puzzle and eventually my piece wasn't needed. It was decided that the date planned wouldn't work and the date was changed (way too much money to change my already booked flight). At first, I was heartbroken by this, but obviously, it wasn't meant to be.

I was excited not only for the decorating and cooking and crafting, I was excited to be the Maid of Honor that would get to write in the little notebook what everyone purchased for the glowing bride. I was excited to be there every step of the way. I was excited to help make that silly hat of bows and ribbons that the bride would wear... but I'm no longer crying over spilled milk.

I will have to keep this information for one day in the future - perhaps my own sister's bridal shower!!!

I still wanted to share my inspiration since I did have so much fun with it.

I wanted the feeling to be very intimate. Thus, I felt having the event in a beautiful home would have been much better than in some stuffy, impersonal atmosphere. The setting would have been my Aunt and Uncle's AMAZING home (I was delighted when my Aunt said YES! to having the event at her home). The home is beautiful inside and out (panoramic views of the Manasquan River). check it out!

 I wanted to keep the decorations intimate and romantic by including beautiful colors, flowers, textures, candles, and cute extras (like the I Do cupcakes below). The food would have been just as wonderful!

See the pictures below:















No comments: