Thursday, September 22, 2011

relaxing.

Thursday's have become the only non-hectic day in my week as well as the only day I don't have class at 8am. I usually have two classes at night, but this week - just one! It's not until 5:15 so I pretty much have the whole day to myself. It's also the night I meet my new French friend, Cyrielle, for some beverages in the old part of the town, my favorite part! There are cafes with outdoor terraces, old Irish pubs, delicious restaurants, the best creperie, war monuments, and of course, the enormous lion of Belfort. I can't wait to take my Mom here when she visits (and maybe my Aunt, too!). I have only tried two restaurants so hopefully we'll get to try a few more.

My plan for today is catching up on my favorite blogs, watching my favorite shows via the Internet, and sending a few e-mails. I want to take a long run, too. This time of year is my favorite time to run. It reminds me of the days of cross country season - going on long runs with my best friends and just gossiping and laughing and telling stories the whole time. I have so many fond memories of that time.

I know it's an opportunity to clean, too, but that's just not in the plan for today! Today is a ME day!

Ladies, if you have a man in the house, does he help with the cleaning? Does he help with the cooking? I'm wondering how people work this out. In my parents' house, it was always whoever cooks doesn't clean and vice versa. We don't have a dishwasher so cleaning isn't a 5 minute task!

What is your favorite thing to do on a day off? 

2 comments:

Jolene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jolene said...

I want to come visit the old parts of town! and go for runs with you and chat <3