Friday, September 9, 2011

rainy day blues.

So my guy's sister needed to borrow our car. I wanted to be agreeable and generous about this, even though I didn't love the idea. I said, yes, take it and I can walk to work - no problem.

Little did I know, it would be pouring raining when I would be walking to work. Yes, just my luck. I woke up, got all dressed up, and did my best to try to feel pretty (which just isn't something that I have been feeling lately). When I noticed the crappy weather (1.5 hours before I had to leave), I texted my guy to ask him if his brother could take me to work. I assumed he would. My Dad always said, "When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me." Duhhhh. I should have known it would never happen and my ass would be walking.

Thirty minutes before I had to be at work, my guy messaged me via G-Chat saying his brother was sick in bed. This pissed me off to no end. Okay, so now thirty minutes before I had to be somewhere at least a thirty minute walk away, I would have to walk there. I would have to book it to make it on time.

I know maybe it's being selfish when I think like this, but I just wish some things could be a bit easier for me here. It's not easy to communicate. It's not easy to work a job I have no training in. I spend all my time away from work preparing for work. It's not easy to be away from my family. It's not easy to have no friends. And, it's not fun to walk thirty minutes to walk in the pouring rain!!!

I sat at work for seven hours in soaking wet shoes, with hair that looked like I rolled out of bed (after I spent the time to wash and dry it), with makeup smeared over my face. I was ten minutes late on top of it.

Sometimes I just want to scream. Give me one day where I can breathe freely. Give me one night when I can be alone with my guy and not have to entertain his family. And, please, let me look in the mirror and like what I see.

2 comments:

Hitch said...

Kaylan 10.15am : "I do want to be picked up from work tonight though because I don't want to walk in the dark"

Me 10.16 :"Ok, no problem sweetheart"

Kaylan at 10.46am : I changed my mind, can your brother drive me to work, I don't want to get my jeans all sweaty...OR I can take the bus"

Me : "Ok pretty woman, let me call him" (After you insisted the night before you would take the umbrella and walk while I was "are you SURE?"...

then we know the end of the story... I am doing my best here but I need you to contribute a bit more - I work and can't get out at anytime just to take you to work when you start working at 12 and I have been at work since 9am... Anyway as Bruce would say "Nothing matters in this whole wide world when you're........ with a jersey girl!! :)

Kaylia Payne said...

It sounds like things are tough at the moment, I hope you have a wonderful week this week to make up for it. xoxo