Tuesday, April 19, 2011

random thoughts and a note in my lunch box

 It's 9:30 in the morning here. I've already had a yummy breakfast of wheat toast with strawberry jam, fruit salad, OJ, and a double espresso. I read part of the newspaper. I went for a run. And, I'm writing to you now while taking a break between sets of sit-ups. It's been a refreshing morning. My plan for the day is to bring my French homework, the newspaper, a book, and some lunch to the park and recharge while enjoying the sunshine.

I think while in France I have become too dependent on my guy. I have been looking to him too much for translating, for money (since I'm not working)... well, looking to him for everything from directions, to entertainment, to converting to the metric system. However, I am finally starting to get better at being by myself so much. I find things to do to fill the gaps of time. I feel more comfortable walking around town, going into stores, and interacting with people. I go to his Mom's and cook or bake when I'm hungry or bored.

This is my life. I am here. I took a leap of faith. I am choosing to be here so I want to make the most of it. I moved halfway across the world with a guy I love. I want him to tell me he loves me everyday because those are words I will never get tired of hearing. I want to be able to say I've laughed and smiled everyday. I want to travel. I want to see the world. I want to live without limits. I want to learn something new everyday. I want to go to bed satisfied with the day that is quickly coming to an end.

But is it too much to ask for a note in my lunch box, too? Because maybe I'm 25 now... but I really miss those notes in my lunch box. They always turn a day around. Sometimes, I still need that. A girl always needs her Mom!

No comments: