Monday, January 16, 2012

oh, happy day. happy year.

I just love a Monday like this. I was organized and had my clothes ready the night before. I woke up in time to have a cappuccino before leaving the house. I had the time to primp and thus felt great leaving the house. AND, when I walked outside, it was sunny and magnificent (although freezing!).

Now that is surely the best way to start the morning. Usually, I am a very unorganized, unpunctual person. I am always running around like a chicken with my head cut off. As prepared as I think I am, I am always sliding by at the eleventh hour. I don't know what it is - but I can never get my butt in gear to get out the door. As much time as I think I have, every single day I end up running out of the house like a bat out of Hell. Today just wasn't one of those mornings. A new day!?! WOOOOO!!

It's 2:15. I've worked for 5 hours and gone food shopping! This is just an incentive to try to be more organized. It is one of my favorite feelings to be somewhere on time (early is too much of a dream) and put together. However, I rarely get to feel this feeling. I think I will make it one of my New Year's resolutions.

As far as New Year's Resolutions are concerned, I really didn't have the chance to think about that or to make any goals for myself. With the death of my Uncle and my travels and then trying to get back in the swing of things and then spending the weekend trying to tie up all the loose ends, I haven't had the time to sit, reflect, and set some new goals.

Some wonderful things did happen in 2011 but let me put it this way : I'm happy it's over. I think that 2012 is a wonderful opportunity for a fresh start.

If 2011 wasn't your best year, then move on. It's over. There is nothing you or I or anyone can do now.  Things happen for a reason, and perhaps through all the bad, we can make some good out of it. We are where we are today because of actions and choices that have brought us here. All we can do is seize the day. Carpe diem. We are here. We are now. Make the best of it. As Leon would say (Curb Your Enthusiasm), "Turn that shit around." 2012: Let's do it!!!!

What are your New Year's resolutions?

My New Year's Resolutions:
1. being punctual
2. being happier (more positive)
3. being more organized
4. controlling my anger
5. stop sweating the small stuff
6. saving (hence not spending so much) money
7. paying off a big chunk of my college loans
8. buying (not renting) an apartment
9. being better at calling friends and family (not all my communication should be done through e-mail and Facebook)
10. becoming fluent (!!!!) in French
11. SO I can start my dream job (rather than teaching English forever)
12. losing my last 6-8 pounds
13. taking up a hobby
14. getting on a routine of exercising and sticking to it
15. running another marathon
16. actually making progress with les écoliers du partage / friends across borders (see #10 - if I can become confident enough to make calls in French, then I could really be more useful with this)
17. visit new places


What I'm listening to right now:

No comments: