Thursday, November 18, 2010

holidays

Yesterday I celebrated my first Eid el adha with my love. The holiday is meant to be celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm, enjoying each and every moment. Unfortunately, I had to work so I cannot promise that I enjoyed each and every moment but I did my very best. My sweet guy came to my work because he said the most important thing on this holiday is to be together! I liked that surprise. He also told me that on this day we are to dress in new clothes... do you think I would disagree with that!? With new clothes you always look good and when you look good, you feel good. For me, the day was a success!

I accomplished so much at work and began training the person who will take my place since my departure is Friday! After work, we went to a Moroccan restaurant in Park Slope. The place was called Babouche and we really enjoyed it. Nothing was nearly as good as when he cooks (and to him, it didn't compare to his mom's cooking) but we did enjoy the atmosphere and it was a treat. The best part was finding a coupon on restaurant.com which saved us $15! I would show you pictures but the iPhone photos didn't come out well! Boo! I think that is an excuse to go back again!

1 comment:

Hicham Ennaciri said...

Eid mubarak kiki! Soon you'll be wearing babouche and jelaba downtown Foum Jemâa and Belfort City! ;) The Restaurant was great, food delicious and kiki magnifique! ;)