Sunday, March 11, 2012

life.

Time has been flying by and there is so much to do before April. First thing on that list would obviously be finding an apartment. Next would be working a ton to save money up before I leave my job. Third would be the actual move - packing, unpacking (maybe.. I could always leave that part for someone else ;) haha kiddddding), arranging, rearranging... but I honestly don't know if I'll have time for any of the moving. It will be something fun for me to throw myself into when I get back. I hope that this is a space we are able to make ours for a few years. I want to paint and decorate and have our own things and feel at home somewhere.

My dream apartment has the following: old, hardwood floors, classic lines, bookshelves built into the walls, a fireplace, a double sink (heaven), exposed beams on the ceiling, a bathtub, a kitchen with a lot of counter space and the ability to set up stools so we can sit and have conversation in between the chopping and the cooking, a little beauty nook - makeup vanity (it is sooooo annoying to try to put on my makeup or dry my hair while my guy is trying to shave or brush his teeth), and windows... a lot of tall windows. Oh, a terrace would be nice. I also really like having a big living room. It makes it easier to entertain guests and I love to entertain guests.

We are having a hard time finding an apartment that is old and classic while still a bit modern (not an old kitchen). We have found either old apartments that look old or newer apartments that are trying too hard to be modern but in a very cheap-looking way. I am confident we will find "the one" soon.

In the midst of all that is going on here, I am also really looking forward to going home mid-April. I always love spending time with my family. Although I miss them all the time, there is something a bit more... romantic, sentimental, heart-grabbing, about only having so much time with them when I see them. I feel like it's a constant race again the clock. I want to soak up every minute with them. I don't want the alarm to sound telling me my time is up. I don't think we cherish the time we spend with people enough when we see them all the time.

There are a lot of people I am anxious to see. It isn't fun being here without girlfriends, and I think it's about time we drink some champagne and dance on tables! Who's in??!! ;)

Did I mention I will get to spend a few weeks in sunny Florida with my best friend in the world!? Walks, bike rides, shopping, watching the dolphins from the comfort of home (!!), sunset drinks at On the Edge, FRESH fish sandwiches, more shopping, apple strudel at the market, the BEACH, and so much more with my Mom. I always loved and was proud of her a TON before but she has lost 50 (!!!) pounds and looks like her high school superlative winning self (class cutie woo woo!!!). She is such a babe, and she radiates beauty on the inside and out. She has inspired me to get my butt in gear and get exercising. She really is just an amazing person.

So that's all for now. I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. I made homemade chicken pot pie in mini casseroles for the first time last night and the judge gave it two thumbs up! When I asked him if it's something he'd like me to make again, he pointed to the plate he had licked clean! :) Winning!

What I'm listening to right now... I really love this song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love reading your blogs.

A) CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU! I am definitly down for some drinking and dancing, old school style <3

B) you are too funny with your wish list for apt hunting! I love it! PS i just found an apt, moving into the city with amanda in a few weeks! its a cheapy-modern gaudy look you were mentioning and obviouly wayyy to expensive bc nyc sucks like that!

C) take me to florida with you, i desperately need a vaca.

<3 you- Jolene