Friday, March 25, 2011

MacBook Pro and its Cons.

I love my MacBook Pro. It seriously rocks. I take it everywhere with me. It's fast. It's user-friendly (once you get the hang of it). I don't have to worry about viruses like I did with my Dell. In college, I think I spent more time waiting for my computer to be fixed and dealing with computer issues than I did actually using my computer. That is no longer my issue now that I made the switch to a Mac. However, that has started a whole new issue for me...

My love and I both love our MacBooks. A traditional weeknight or weekend morning consists of us sitting on our separate MacBooks, sometimes with our headphones on. We like to catch up on our shows, watch the news, and watch clips of videos that interest us. We usually each have one hand on our MacBook and we hold hands with the free hand. So, it's not totally without affection that we're in bed like this, but it's starting to get on my nerves. If we don't both have our computers, then it's one computer between the two of us, and we're searching the Internet or watching TV together. Why is it that we automatically bring our computers to bed with us? I'm kind of missing those massive desktops we had in the past!

I think in the past, people went to bed with their books and newspapers, and now modern technology is changing this picture and it's Nooks, iPads, and laptops. Call me a hopeless romantic but after a long day of sitting in front of a computer, why do we spend our time together in front of our computers? I would love to come home and talk or cuddle or watch a movie on the television. It has become instinctive for us to take our computers to bed, and I want it to stop! I think I will make a rule - no computers after 10pm.

Does anyone else have this problem?

                                           P.S. Darling, I'm serious about this rule.

No comments: