Tuesday, December 27, 2011

10 enemies of the couple.

So last night we were looking at the news on yahoo.fr when we saw a feature article:

Les 10 ennemis du couple

When I saw the first one, La télévision, I started laughing so much and grabbing the computer from my guy. It is definitely one of our enemies! We spend so much of our time together watching movies or catching up on American TV via the Internet (our replacement for a TV). We often always eat dinner in front of our computer(s). Our computer(s) act as our connection to the world (the news, means of communication with friends and family, our TV, our radio, uumm everything). From MacBooks to iPhones to iPads to iPods, we are always connected. I think our situation is a little bit different because he works in digital advertising and I don't have the opportunity to go catch a bite with friends and family so instead it's e-mailing, Facebooking, Skyping, Tweeting, blogging, G-chatting... but it is no excuse for the fact that we rarely ever disconnect. Maybe once a week I suggest we eat dinner at our table, and it's always the same scenario. 1) He acts like this is such a bizarre concept 2) I throw a mini temper tantrum 3) We sit at the dinner table.

So last night, after I pried the computer from him, I read the next 9... chuckling the whole time. Consider your own relationship. Are any of these your enemies?

2. slippers (meaning being in the house too much and not getting out)

3. working overtime!!

4. the bathroom door (and other things that come with being comfortable around each other like walking around the house looking like a hot mess and leaving your things lying around)

5. inattention

6. excessive jealousy

7. abstinence

8. the in-laws (or in our case, just the family of your guy or gal)

9. lack of planning for the future (but come on, really... what's wrong with living for the day!?)

10. silence (lack of conversation) - for anyone that knows me, this will never be an issue!!!

 I won't dissect our relationship but I will say that I don't really think of number 9 as an enemy to anyone because I believe in living for the day. I think the opposite - planning for the future - could be an enemy. It would drive me crazy being with someone who was too much of a planner. I have to go grocery shopping like everyday because I can't even plan in advance what I will make for tomorrow's dinner (or tonight's... 3pm... I better get on that). It irritates me when someone says, "What are you doing next Friday?" Next Friday!!!! I'm going to decide next Friday what I'm doing next Friday. 

 My only other comment is that if anyone knows me, number 10 will never be an issue. Lack of silence... quite possibly. 

What I'm listening to right now:

 
does it get any better than this?

No comments: