Monday, November 15, 2010

A little bit about me...

Hi! My name is Kaylan. I am a wild, crazy, sensitive, loving, creative, free-spirited young lady currently residing in Brooklyn, NYC.

I was born and raised at the New Jersey shore (much different than the MTV reality show) and had a wonderful childhood thanks to my amazing parents.

I spent my college years at Penn State University and if you haven't started college, go there, if you haven't visited, go there, and while I am writing this, I think I'll make some plans to... go back there. I loved everything about being at Penn State and miss the simpler times that were my college years, but in this crazy little thing called life... every single day is a new challenge and life keeps getting better (with some bumps along the way).

I currently have a job that I loathe and can't wait until I get the guts to walk away and find something that really makes me happy.

I would love to spend a year traveling and seeing the world now while I'm still young. I think NOW is the time and not when I am retired and seeing the world from my wheelchair... yikes! I don't want to think about that!

I have been a vegetarian for 15 years (and vegan for almost 9 of those!) until recently when I started eating fish. I haven't transitioned into the dairy or meat eating era of this new me but I'm not ruling it out.

So you may be thinking - why eat fish after 15 years!? Well, I guess you could say a man is responsible for that! You'll read plenty more about him (much to his dismay, I'm sure).

I will see how long I stick to this blog but it's something I have wanted to do for a while thanks to some inspiring blogs I read constantly and thanks to my boring job finding me craving a creative outlet. So, here I go! I hope you enjoy!

No comments: